Ozonated water is highly beneficial for either healthy or sickly people. It's easy to make and should be consumed regularly.
Benefits of Ozonated Drinking Water
- provides more oxygen to the brain (greater alertness and mental clarity)
- oxidize pathogens and synthetics residues in the body, allowing their complete elimination through excretion.
- Increases the oxygen level of cells and accelerates the healing process.
- Hydrogen peroxide (H2O2) is a natural by-product of most ozone oxidizing processes. Hydrogen peroxide is another great natural alternative for one's health.
Ozone is a highly reactive and unstable form of oxygen. Ozone is made up of three oxygen atoms together, written as O3. It is called activated tri-atomic oxygen. It is a gas and is denser than air. Ozone is the second most powerful sterilant in the world and its function is to destroy bacteria, viruses and odors. Ozone is nature's way of purifying the air we breathe. It is the distinctive “electric” odour smelled during and after thunderstorms. Ozone derives from the Greek word ozein, which means to smell. If natural ozone ceased to exist, life on this planet would also cease to exist.
Ozone can be produced artificially according the same principle as it occurs in nature, which means by UV light (ozone layer) or via corona-discharge (high voltages, thunderstorm). In both methods the connection between the oxygen molecules is broken up. Consequently oxygen radicals are produced, which connect with the oxygen molecule to O3 (ozone). For the production of ozone, corona discharge is used more because of the greater advantages of this method. Advantages are the lower costs for ozone production (more cost-efficient) and the greater durability of the system.
Ozone operates according the principle of oxidation. Ozone is faster than chlorine at killing bacteria because chlorine needs to diffuse through the cell wall and disrupt the bacteria's metabolism. Ozone, however, rips open the cell wall from the outside, causing the cell's contents to fall apart. This process is called cell lysing. With ozone, after destruction of the cell, all that is left is carbon dioxide, cell debris and water. As the ozone oxidizes material, it gets used up. Once it has done its job of oxidation, ozone reverts back to oxygen (O2). This additional oxygen in the water makes it taste good, smell good and gives it a sparkle. There are no toxic or hazardous byproducts.
Ozone kills bacteria, viruses, spores, mold, mildew, fungi, amoeba and cysts. Various factors play a role in effectiveness of ozone in the removal of contaminants, such as the amount of ozone, the concentration of ozone, and the contact time of ozone with the organism. Ozone will not usually eliminate all algae and hence an additional sanitizer must be added to the water to kill algae and provide protection during the time the ozone generator is not on.
Benefits of using ozone
- Bacteria kill rate is up to three thousand times faster
- 50% stronger oxidizer than chlorine
- Reduces traditional chemical (chlorine / bromine) use between 60% - 90%
- Reduce handling and storage of unsafe chemicals
- Reduce constant purchasing of harmful chemicals
- Eliminate red, irritated eyes and dry, itchy skin
- Eliminate costly replacement of faded swim wear
- Remove unpleasant chlorine / chloramine odours
- No adverse health or environmental effects
- Improvement of the filter and coagulant capacities. This leads to a reduction of coagulant use and less backwashing of the filter is required.
- Water consumption can be decreased, because of an increase in water quality