Battery sulfation takes place when a Lead Acid Battery discharges. The lead from the plates combines with the electrolyte (dilute sulphuric acid) to make lead sulfate. When the battery is recharged this process is reversed however, some of the lead sulphate will crystalise on the lead plates. The deeper the battery is discharged, the more the lead sulphate is likely to crystalise acting as an insulator and reducing the plate area in contact with electrolyte. Over time this build up of lead sulphate crystals will kill the battery.
The lead sulphate crystals are firmly attached to the lead plates and so it is not easy to remove them and recondition a battery. As more and more crystallisation occurs, the voltage required to shift the crystals also increases. But, if you were to put high voltage through the battery it would overheat and potentially explode. However it is possible using high voltage pulse conditioning to dissolve the lead sulphate back into the electolyte. By pulsing the high voltage, only the sulphate crystals are affected and the battery does not heat up.
Every lead acid battery has a resonant frequency if around 2 to 6 megahertz. If a pulse of sufficient energy electricity is sent into a lead acid battery, rhythmic beating of the plates will cause the crystalline deposits to be broken up and the sulphate returned to the electrolyte solution. This process can take a matter or weeks during which time the battery must be trickle charged (in parallel with the desulphator).
Patented PULSE technology increases the duty and life cycles of any size or type of 12-V lead-acid battery by minimizing the size of the lead sulfate crystals. This allows a battery to accept as much charge as possible. PULSE technology helps ensure that your new batteries will stay in like-new condition while older batteries often improve dramatically. Duty cycles are typically extended from three to five times for all types of lead-acid batteries! Xtreme Charge is ideally suited for AGM and maintenance-free batteries (from less than 10 Ah to over 150 Ah). The combination of patented pulse technology and proprietary charging algorithm typically allows it to charge these high-performance batteries more fully. It also maintains a safe charge profile for traditional batteries including flooded, fill and charge and gel.
• Prevents dead batteries by keeping batteries in like-new condition all the time
• Helps batteries charge faster and maintain greater reserve capacity so they can provide maximum power to your vehicles and accessories
• Renews dead batteries suffering from sulfation buildup and helps bring them back to life
• Increases battery life span up to three times longer
• Connects right to your battery and works 24-hours a day when plugged in, plus it will NEVER overcharge your battery
• Works with all conventional flooded lead-acid batteries and sealed “maintenance-free” batteries, including Valve Regulated Lead-Acid (VRLA), Absorbed Glass Mat (AGM) and gel cell.
• Safe, reliable and weatherproof